Photograph provided by © Rotary International/Monika Lozinska
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
OUR SIX AREAS OF FOCUS
The Rotary Club of Hollywood, California (club #742) was founded in 1923, and chartered in 1925. Our first meeting was held on April 25, 1925, at the Hollywood Athletic Club and in 1999 The West Hollywood Club merged with Hollywood.
Our members have professional backgrounds in Non Profit, business, entertainment, film, and much more. We often partner with organizations like The Salvation Army and YMCA to address the needs of those in the Hollywood Community. We also provide scholarships and grant funding for students and other nonprofit organizations.
Meetings are every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month (some dates can change) at Trastevere at the Hollywood/Highland center at 12:15PM. We also hold monthly service projects and socials to strengthen our relationship with the community as well as with each other. We invite you to join us at a meeting to meet our members and learn more about how you can get involved. Consider volunteering with Rotary, membership not required!
What We've Achieved
- Through fundraising and partnership with charities, clubs are raising awareness and working on domestic violence prevention and victim support.
- Disease prevention and treatment by setting up temporary clinics, blood donation centers, and training facilities in underserved areas struggling with outbreaks and health care access. Diseased focused on are malaria, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer's, MS, diabetes, and Polio.
- Clean water projects that build the needed infrastructure for access to clean water. Projects also integrate water, sanitation, and hygiene into education projects to give communities the tools to enable good hygiene practices that are long lasting.
- Strengthen local entrepreneurs and community leaders (particularly women) in impoverished communities, creating opportunities to thrive financially and socially.
- Harmony Project: Based in Los Angeles, this organization provides free music instruction and instruments to youth in underserved areas of LA. Through an early partnership with our club, they were able to grow from only 11 violins to serving over 3,000 children annually.
- We offer an annual grant to local organizations to assist them in accomplishing project goals such as: providing students with scholarships, school supplies, prom dresses, providing community members in need with food, supplies, shelter, medical care; and so much more.
- Partnering with other local clubs, our Angel City event provides the community with access to free medical care, healthy dietary education, toys, food, etc.
- Our club offers an annual Music Appreciation event which invites accomplished youth to compete for cash prizes.
And SO MUCH MORE!!!